Give Your Kids The Leading Edge In Their Chosen Field With Sport-Specific Strength & Conditioning Programming.
The Athletic Institute Youth Development Program was created to provide kids and youth athletes of all abilities, access to professional training space, equipment, and coaching to help them reach the highest level in their sport.
Your child probably started off kicking a ball in the park or playing backyard cricket before moving on to more structured skills-based classes. During primary years many kids join a sporting club and are often coached by volunteers or pro-athletes who want to pass on their own knowledge and skill set.
However, the number of athletes who make it to a semi-professional or professional level is very low. This is not due to a lack of skill or want of trying. More so a lack of sport-specific knowledge and mentoring with high injury rates.
Evidence-based research highlights the positive physical and mental benefits of strength training for up-and-coming athletes. However, in order to reap those benefits in a healthy way, you need to select specialist coaches.
Our youth Coaches are degree qualified and highly experienced teachers. They have trained state athletic and sporting teams including West Perth Football Club, Amateur Football Clubs, State Lacrosse, Basketballers, Swimmers, and more.
Every single Coach uses scientifically proven strength techniques to progress your child through the various strength and conditioning exercises to enhance performance in their chosen sport.
How It Works
Suitable for 8 – 17-year-olds of any fitness level, these specialised classes for young members are fun, challenging, and results-driven.
Unlike other youth group fitness classes where all kids do the same thing regardless of ability, your child will receive thorough screening and testing before they even begin the program.
The results of this testing together with your child’s personal, athletic, or sport-specific goals will form individualised training programs. The exercises in the program are carefully designed to improve and enhance the exact skills required for their chosen sport. These programs are updated regularly!
Your child will work through their program with our specialist Coaches who regularly monitor and assess your child to ensure continual progress and adjust their program every 4 to 6 weeks based on their results.
See what a session looks like HERE.
Our youth program includes:
- Individualised programs based on testing, screening session, and goals
- Supervised session with an Exercise Scientist/Physiologist or Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Each session includes mobility, warm-up, program, skill training, fun games, and activities (Our basketball hoop is very popular!)
- Development of invaluable team-building skills
- Train Heroic performance app which gives you access to your program anytime, anywhere AND lets you track your progress
- Access to in-house phone charging and iPad stations to complete your program
- Access to an in-house GP, Chiropractor, and in-house Exercise Physiologists
- A sense of belonging. The social connections your child makes by part of the AI Youth Athletic Development Program is invaluable
Don’t worry about hidden costs. Unlike other activities, you won’t need to pay for uniforms, concert tickets, equipment, exams, books, and other costs that come with extra-curricular activities.
Our youth classes guarantee expert tuition and proven results.
1 class per week | $44 p/ week
2 classes per week | $54 p/ week
3 classes per week | $64 p/ week